2.6
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

After repeatedly taking my vehicle in for hard shifting and having my vehicle in the shop for nearly 70 days, almost 30% of the time I've owned it, they have, I'm told, finally found the problems I complained about. Even with my extended warranty, which sounds great, Edwin with the client relations department, has been worse than worthless.

He repeats over and over again that his department cannot help with a buy-back; then he apologizes over and again. I try to let him know that I heard him the first, second, seventh and tenth time that he said his department could not do anything to help with a buy-back; but because he continues to repeat himself, he seems not to hear my request, that I would like to escalate and speak to someone above him. So far on my vehicle, even after the transmission was replaced in January of 2017, the vehicle continues to have hard, lurching shifting in low gears. Additionally, I have learned that there is something is split under the driver's side undercarriage.

There was also oil in the radiator! They did replace the radiator subsequent to this finding. Sadly, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I bought this vehicle in May.

The fourth occasion of my taking it in, it was in the shop for 47 days.

This last occasion (as I still don't have it), it's bee in the shop for over two weeks. I'm kicking myself for not buying a Lexus!

Review about: 2016 Acura Mdx Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Most staff was very friendly and attentive, Never again.

I didn't like: Certified pre-owned vehicle has been nothing but trouble, That they are not willing to stand behind their product.

Comments

I've finally gotten my vehicle back. Though it still jerks when shifting (they say that's a feature of this transmission), everything else seems to be okay.

Nervous as I am with the vehicle, I'm hoping it continues to be okay. And I'll just be sure not to ever drink my coffee when driving less than 20 mph...

since the vehicle still lurches into gear at low speeds. :-(