Sarasota, Florida
Resolved

Update by user Mar 08

After writing this complaint and notifying the regulatory body that issues recalls on cars, Acura had my car fixed and back to me in less than 24 hours. It took over three months and was going to be even longer but when I threatened and began the process to expose this defect that really should be a recall, it was mysteriously and immediately fixed.

The day before, they told me they had no timetable on a replacement part and then as soon as I started to expose this issue, it was taken care of. This is a nationwide issue and if you own an Acura RDX or MDX and you're hearing a thumping or clunking sound in your rear suspension when you go over even the slightest bump, you have the same problem that I had and need the factory struts and shocks replaced.

Original review posted by user Feb 06

Acura has a rear suspension issue with many of their SUV's but is trying to avoid issuing a recall because they're too cheap to do the right thing. The rear shocks have a defect which results in a clunking noise in the rear of the car.

Acura has acknowledged the problem but won't get off their rear ends and fix the issue. My car has been sitting at Acura in Denver Colorado for over three months and their hands are tied because Acura doesn't seem motivated to fix the problem promptly. There are thousands of these cars waiting for replacements and others that don't even know this issue exists.

I was a loyal Acura owner before buying a number of Lexus's but now I will never by an Acura again because of the way they've handled this matter. Lexus would NEVER treat a customer or let a situation fester in this manner.

Product or Service Mentioned: Acura Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Acura Cons: Bad customer service.

• Acura Nightmares